Job Code: IC
Inventory Clerk / Order and Purchase Order Entry
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
This Inventory Clerk/Order & Purchase Order Entry position requires an action-oriented individual, demonstrated problem solving capabilities and a good understanding of inventory processes and just in time ordering. The ideal candidate possesses the ability to work with individuals from other areas to achieve objectives combined with analytical and problem solving skills, an eye for detail and timeliness as well as the ability to initiate the follow up on items and determine appropriate steps for timely resolution. The Inventory Clerk reports to the Inventory Manager at the operational level and to the Director of Finance at the administrative level.
Critical Success Factors:
Ability to process Sales orders, initiate Purchase orders, monitor stock levels, follow up on incoming and outgoing shipments in a timely and efficient manner
• Assisting the Inventory Manager in processing and managing Purchases based on Sales requirements
• Working closely with the Inventory Manager in a supporting role
• Entering and maintaining products data in SAP
• Assisting in Periodic Physical Inventory Counts, enforcing inventory procedures, generating and analysing inventory reports
• Shipping and Receiving (lifting up to 50 Lbs may be required)
• Occasional pick up and deliveries from suppliers/ to job sites
Key Attributes of the Ideal Candidate Include:
• Inventory/Warehousing experience preferred; Order entry experience an asset
• Computer skills mandatory, Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel knowledge required
• Strong organizational skills with an ability to multi-task
• A Team player with strong problem solving and decision making skill
• Ability to multi-task and adapt to a fast-paced environment
• Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Valid Driver's license
To apply for a job, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly indicating the Job Code of the job you are applying for
Compensation: Compensation commensurate with experience
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.